Saturday, August 19, 2023

Saturday August 19, 2023 Happenings

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday August 19, 2023

Thursday night, the Edmonton Elks won a football game in Hamilton, much to the relief of their fans.  Now, if they could win one at home and end their embarrassment here.

Friday, the rain continued all day while I waited for a break to go the Library.  It wasn't happening so I walked to the corner and took the LRT to get the first Conn Iggulden book in the War Of The Roses series about English royalty.  The other 3 books were not ready yet but this was the due date for the previous 5 books I had borrowed.

Leaving the Library, I had a brain fart and caught the LRT the wrong way to the Stadium...  Maybe I was headed to the house where I lived in 1977-1978..??

I did not stay up too late because I wanted to wake up in time to watch the bronze medal game in the Women's World Cup Soccer between Sweden and Australia at 2am.

I was up and watched a great game between these 2 strong teams, won by Sweden who dominated 2-0.  All the blond players with ponytails made me think of Betty in the old Archie comics who was always my favourite....

I went back to bed to refresh, got up and did chores, had steak for lunch since I could cook because it was so cool in here.

Around 1pm I headed down to The Fringe first and met more performers and took pictures then headed to the Commercial Hotel to check out the bands there.  One of the bands was Gary Martin from Calgary who I had seen maybe 20 years ago and his #1 fan is my friend Maria.  So I had my photo taken with him and sent it to Maria.  Gary and her celebrated their birthdays together just last week!

On the way home I caught the Edmonton Tram going by...  Maybe tomorrow I will get the chance to take it with friends to Whyte Avenue instead of the Gio....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Here, at the Manoir

Busy at The Fringe

Camera group





Mime










Me and Gary Martin

Again

The Tritones




The Tram