Sunday, August 13, 2023

Sunday August 13, 2023 Pigeon Lake

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday August 13, 2023

We had been waiting a long time to find a nice day to go boating with our son and his wife, and that day came today....

My friend Tony was kind enough to drive out and enjoy the day with us.  We received good instructions and found the campsite, and then we were on the water in no time at all.

Tony and I were the only ones legal to do any fishing and we had brought our rods and reels.  I alone wet a couple of lures for a bit, but we were too far out to catch anything and I felt bad that I was holding up everybody else, so I reeled in and put the gear away.  

Then we got a nice tour of the lake in the hot sun and nice breeze.  We are all a little pinker for the effort.  The lake is shalow, like mostly 13' deep, and somewhere, maximum 30', and full of algae.  It was a lovely day to be baking on the water.

We came back to their campsite and had good snacks and lively conversation.

On the way back, big Bob called me that he was at the Commercial Hotel on Whyte Avenue.  Once I arrived home, I dumped my gear and went to meet him.  The night was still young, and I was not there to take photos.. except for a poor street gal...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

This guy was fishing too!

Todd & Janet took us for a nice tour

Tony was enjoying himself






Very shallow...

Ready to load back on the trailer

Tony lent a hand

Regular visitor for peanut snacks

People snacks for us

Campsite panorama

Poor lady got a donation from me