Friday, October 14, 2016

Thursday October 13, 2016 Herederos



Souvenir Photo Studio is now open.  Book your session now.
****

My http://saccc05.tripod.com site is still down due to cyber attack on host server)
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although many (all?) of you are not receiving the subscription emails.  It is a universal Google problem that they are finally close to solving.  Therefore I REALLY appreciate all the folks that manage to view my Blog every day.  I find it both gratifying and humbling.
****
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Thursday October 13, 2016
Wow, another 269 looked at this Blog yesterday.  Simply amazing!
Cristina called me at 8am from the border, and this evening has messaged me  that she is on the final leg to Tulua to visit her family.  It is always a relief to hear that such a long trip went well.
I was up pretty late last night so I was sure draggin' my butt today.  Walking the 3 dogs is my most important task.  I notice that Princesa is favoring her right back leg but does not show any pain when I check it and massage it, so I am not sure what to do.  She is always in my feet so it might be bruised somehow.  If it is not improved by tomorrow I may have to have the vet take a look.
Checking messages on Facebook I found a file of "filtered" messages from way back and found a note from a friend I haven't seen in almost 17 years, since I left Edmonton.  It was nice to get back in touch.
A very nice evening for the Herederos ride.  Tonight I dragged along a mini-tripod that I got with my Lumix kit.  I took some time shots of the river and Todos Santos and it is clear to me that I should use a tripod more often.  To avoid the camera shake I set the self-timer for a 2-second delay and the photos are much sharper.
The ride tonight had a few stops while circling around the city and El Centro.  We stopped at a motorcycle dealership that was having a promotion.  They had a lovely 500cc Honda that the salesman told me was normally $14,000, but I could buy it for $8,000 on sale.  Somehow I am able to resist such a good deal.   They also had the 2017 Motor 1 Fatty for $2,250 which supposedly has a newer motor with more horsepower.  He said they have a 300cc scooter available for over $7,000.
We made a longer stop at Santo Domingo church where everybody grabbed a snack somewhere.  I popped into Chicago Pizza and bought 4 ham and salami pastry swirls.  Hard to beat that lovely little meal for $1.
On the way back home I stopped in to see Jesus at Big Kabuda's Burgers.  He is running the place himself again, and was overflowing into the street with customers, so I told him I would come back soon.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for FaceBook or for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE have the decency to give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

My constant companions

Meeting at the Puente Roto as usual

10-second shot at f16 on a tripod

2.5 second shot almost laying on my face

The beautiful Broken Bridge

Tripod used to get this shot

The meeting place

Waiting for the light on Remigio Crespo

Pulling into the motorcycle dealer

Lining up

This is the 500cc Honda with the $6,000 discount

This is the 2017 Fatty

They stopped at a gas station so I filled up too..

Santo Domingo is well lit

Those spires are beautiful, day or night

Hand-held shots without a flash

About a dozen bikes tonight

The usual rogues gallery

That is Chicago Pizza way at the rear