Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday January 7, 2014 Repairs

Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Tuesday January 7, 2014
The campaign posters are certainly in evidence all over town for the upcoming Assembly elections in February.  The poster I captured today on my block shows a reigning party candidate with President Correa.
I slipped out in the morning sunshine to retrieve my fanny pack at the shoemakers where they were installing a new main zipper for $1.50.   While there, I also had a tear in my runner sewn up for $1.
The rivers were quickly back to normal after a lot of rain yesterday.   It is the beginning of the rainy season.
My intention was to go to a meeting at Otorongo Park by 6pm to supposedly hear President Correa give a speech near the mock-up of the new rapid-transit train.  I was raining pretty steadily, and my ride was late so we decided to skip that and just find a good place to eat, with parking close by.  Driving up Simon Bolivar told us that the President’s plans had been changed, with protestors lining the streets.  We had supper near San Blas Park at Mangiare and the food was tremendous.   There was a huge roar and lots of protest noises as the President’s motorcade went by around 7:30, obviously running on Ecuador time.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  


Campaign posters are showing up everywhere

The new hall up the street is coming along well

The hall contrasts with an old mud house next door.

The shoemaker/tailor shop does a roaring business

The lady is changing my main fanny pack zipper for $1.50

The rains have increased the water levels back to normal

This huge agave spine reaches for the blue sky