Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday January 26, 2014 Sunsets



Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Sunday January 26, 2014
The last couple have days have been spent solidifying the house deal so now we are just awaiting the final paperwork without the conditions.
The Rockies are so pretty in the winter and we have also been treated to some colourful sunsets.   The one tonight looked like the crown on the Statue Of Liberty!
I went and visited Mom today.  She continues to amaze us at the ripe old age of 97.  We went for a quick walk through her complex and I was quite taken by an ornate chess set which is prominent in the main hallway.
Mom is very thrilled to have my roll-top desk in the corner of her living room where it fits like a glove.
 Looking forward to visits from my sister and my children this week.
 Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Friday lunchtime view of the Rockies

Saturday lunchtime view of the Rockies

Saturday Sunset

Wider view

About 20 minutes later it got all pinky

Mom is happy with the roll-top desk

I hope I look this good at age 97

Love this chess set at Bonavista

Very Oriental medieval theme

These pawns look pretty formidable

Sunset tonight looked like the crown on the Statue Of Liberty

These were taken at 5:25

This is later, at 5:36

The colours are getting deeper


By 6:13 the colours are gone but the crown remains

Then this fellow visited quitely

I think the flash confused him for a moment

Then he found me and determined I was harmless

This hand-held shot, no flash, was just before he laid down in that spot