Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday January 12, 2014 Horses, Rockies, Deer



Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Sunday January 12, 2014
I had a personal house showing today so we have our fingers crossed that we were successful.  Our house is in an exclusive area full of retirees, so homes do not come up for sale here very often.
 I then decided that I would meet my sister Leonie at Mom's place in Calgary.  Mom keeps grousing that she never gets out, so I talked her into going for a ride.  It really isn't that difficult to convince her because she really loves my Park Avenue.  When we asked her where she wanted to go, she said she would like to see my home again before it got sold, so we did a trip back to Okotoks.
The day was mostly blustery but only just below 0-C so the weather is easily tolerable.  I remember when I was here last January that I felt cold all the time, but not this time, I am quite comfortable with it.
Part of the wonder of being back here is the natural beauty of the Rockies, horses in the nearby paddocks and the deer that are constantly visiting our backyard.
I found the 2.2X converter zoom that I had purchased online, and it really seems to work well with my lens.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

There is nothing more peaceful to me than hoses grazing

This fellow is in a good area and has a good owner

This is one of 2 deer bedded down beneath our dining room window


It is always nice when the Rockies make an appearance on the horizon