Friday, January 3, 2014

Thursday-Friday January 2-3, 2014 Into The Night

Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Thursday-Friday January 2-3, 2014
Last night I was down at San Blas Park waiting for the church to be lit up behind the fountain, but that didn't happen.
This morning I went early to the Etapa office to pay my property taxes on the house. Our taxes in Canada er over $3,000 per year.   Here in Cuenca they were $19.46!!!!!
Then I decided to investigate how to make some small shelves inside my shelf unit so I can have a second row of DVD's on each shelf.  I checked with the woodworkers, then the metalworkers and was quoted from $100 to $300, so I gave up on that idea.  However I did come up with a brainstorm for $12 that might work...  I'll let you know later.
Tonight, while wandering up Calle Larga we came across this great wall mural of  boy with a guitar.  I modified it somewhat to eliminate some graffiti but I am always impressed with the talent of such artists.
Then the lights on Todos Santos church beckoned yet again...
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

San Blas Square is pretty, even without the church lit up

Yes Virginia, $19.46 annual for house taxes

The black indicates where I want small shelves put in

Fabulous wall mural on Calle Larga

The night majesty of Todos Santos

Tighter shot on the steeple.