Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday January 29, 2014 Deer


Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Wednesday January 29, 2014
Had to get an oil change in the car so it will be ready if I am able to take a trip to Edmonton in February…
The day started off nicely but quickly deteriorated with fluff snow.  There were a few deer in the backyard and I felt so sorry for them as they got covered with snow.   I know that snow is an insulator and their fur is meant to cope with the elements but it still tugs at the heartstrings as you want to go out and offer them a blanket…
I had another meeting with the owners of the house tonight and we hammered out a few more details and discussed moving the possession date up to Feb 14th which would give us both more time to deal with post-sale issues.  They also chose what items they would like to keep so that reduces the amount of items I need to sell.
I guess Cuenca got hit with a very unusual heavy hail and rainstorm city-wide yesterday that even caused some power outages.
Hope everyone is toasty warm….
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

This was the gorgeous mid-day view yesterday

The deer were enjoying the exposed grass

See him cock an ear as I talk to him

Then the snow starts to blow in

They stayed in my yard for a long while

I feel so sorry for them, even though I know this is nature

That seemingly plaintive look

Then they curl up against the snow to keep warm

They would run away if I offered them a blanket...