Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thursday January 16, 2014 Rockies, Buck


Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Thursday January 16, 2014
 This morning I arose to a lovely dawn hue on the Rockies before preparing to go to the Doctor's office for my annual check-up which is a year late.  The Doc confirmed that I am a fine physical specimen, have lost weight and everything checks out great so far except for my problematic eyes.
I had a quick visit with my old compatriots at McFarlane Agencies before returning home.  I was taking a shot of the noon light on the Rockies when I looked down and see this baby buck staring up at me.  I guess he is just half-a-buck judging by his tiny horns.  I came back in and had lunch while I watched him wander over to the neighbor's.  After lunch I grabbed the camera in time to catch him jumping the fence to begin his trek down the escarpment, but not before he fertilized near the trees.
I visited more friends at Okotoks Glass before talking to our financial guru then headed to my appointment with the Optometrist.  She tells me that I am the proud owner of two brand-new Cataracts, so I can't wait to drive those two beauties away.  Frankly I was thrilled that I don't have Retinopathy, but the bad news is that there is probably no earthly way that I could have surgery here before I leave at the end of February.  I'll have to see what the word is on such surgery in Cuenca.  I am hoping to join the public IESS plan upon my return anyway, if I am allowed.
Even with highly dilated pupils I am no longer seeing the little "floaties" in front of my eyes that have bothered me for 10 days.  But I still could spot another interesting sunset for you all.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Morning light on the Rockies - wide angle

This is closer to what we see with the naked eye

Zoomed in is really pretty


This is what it looked like at noonish.

This little guy was watching from below.


Later he wandered over to the neighbour's

Then he decides it is time to leave

A big push from those strong haunches

Then get the back legs to clear the fence


Defeat goes over defense before detail...... and do a headstand

Now he is ready to romp in the open

Heading for the escarpment

A quick look to see if I am watching

Maybe he is just saying "Crap on you.."  I'm not sure.

I have definitely missed Alberta sunsets

Sunsets are beautiful anywhere