Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday November 27, 2013 Milagro

Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Wednesday November 27, 2013 
This morning I headed way over to the west end, up from the “Milagro” church to see what an English butcher was offering for meats.   It seems every other Gringo was headed there too.  I was hoping for some smokies or pepperoni but only came back with a few forgettable pork sausage.  The meat here is just too lean.
Then it was a stop downtown for a couple of spicy shawarmas before heading to the final organizational meeting for the Hearts Of Gold Gala next week.
On my way to the bus stop I picked up a sports vest for the opposing team, Barcelona from Guayaquil, because I liked the colour, the fit, and it was only $15!  I didn’t even haggle…, (Game tonight, lots of security at the stadium).   Barcelona gets more supporters here than our local team.
Then I was laughing most of the way home on the bus.  The fellow in front of me was holding a live rooster like a pet and it was crowing away, very loud in a cramped bus…   Most of the people seemed amused by it too.  I wanted to ask to take his picture but thought better of it.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Quaint Virgen Del Milagro church in the west end

Hey, the door was open

Mmmm, delicious shawarma for lunch

Lots of police and military preparing for the futbol match

They'll see me coming now!!