Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tuesday November 5, 2013 Tom Thumb & Friends

Please note that you can subscribe below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Tuesday November 5, 2013 

Maurice's plane said "Houston, we have a problem", so his trip to Ecuador was delayed for a whole day while he cooled his heels at TACA's expense in a Houston hotel.  He is now expected to arrive 42 minutes into tomorrow.
I now have 3 or 4 hummers at any time vying for my feeder, and one of them is a different species than the Sparkling Violetear.   At times the action is very fast and vicious as they try to chase each other away.
The following shots are a combination of this morning's and this afternoon's  efforts.  It certainly takes a lot of patience and battery expenditure to collect these few decent shots.
Some day I hope to get the definitive shot of my little friend.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al

Tom Thumb is a Sparkling Violetear

A closer view

Hallelujah !

Face-off between 2 species

These battles take only seconds

To the winner go the spoils

They sure love my nectar of brown sugar and water

They keep coming back every 10-15 minutes

Happy Days are here again

Gliding in for a feeding

Cutting in the afterburners on departure

The new guy bows to the Nectar God

Oh, What a feeling!