Saturday, November 2, 2013

Friday November 1, 2013 Celebrations

Yes, there are 2 blogs for this date.

http://youtu.be/oZQpktUcP_c

This video was taken Nov 1/13  in Cuenca, Azuay, Ecuador.  Independence Day is actually Nov 3/13, the 193rd Anniversary.
This evening, the Cuenca Symphony Orchestra combined with Mariachi Monterrey Internacional provided a memorable open air concert in Parque Paraiso.   Celebrations will continue for 2 more days.

All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
You may see other of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/

Friday November 1, 2013 
I was dragged out of the house this evening by my neighbour, Nilo, and his family.
After the above concert we attended celebrations along Huayna Capac where they had music stages set up about every 3 blocks.   Party, party, party.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Lorena, Loulvaez (sp??), Nilo, my neighbours dragged me out


The Cuenca Symphony started out with the 1812 Overture

They use fireworks instead of the cannons

The fireworks exploded right above the stage

We had understood that they would fire the cannons, but didn't

The cannons were for decoration

Then the Mariachi Monterrey Internacional band joined in

Watch the YouTube video above to enjoy some of this

These guys are very polished

The military band contributed a couple of patriotic tunes

More fireworks

This was quite an evening

Multicolored fireworks captured in single shots

I had no tripod to capture these properly with a timed shot

I can't say that I am displeased with these, considering...

These were a welcome addition to the evening

For homemade fireworks, they operated well




Difficult lighting to get decent shots of these performers

It seemed like I was the only white face on Huayna Capac this evening

The showmanship is impressive

This little guy was enjoying the music with me