Sunday, November 3, 2013

Saturday November 2, 2013 Monay Celebration

All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
You may see other of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/

Saturday November 2, 2013 Monay Celebration
OK, this is a second Blog for today because there was a huge Independence day celebration going on in our neighbourhood and I wasn't going to be able sleep with all that noise anyway, so...  I joined in.  The same thing happened 2 years ago when we first arrived in Cuenca and we joined in this same celebration but in the barrio of Los Sauces.  I got singled out because I was the only white face in the crowd.  This meant I had to move to the front and dance with the beauty queens, Miss Bosque De Monay and Miss Cuenca.  This was such hard work.....
I took a couple of videos.....  http://youtu.be/V8n_Kpi491Y
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

These bands do footwork like the old Motown bands

Miss Bosque De Monay and Miss Cuenca get introduced by Mario

The whole neighbourhood was there to celebrate

Miss Bosque De Monay and Mom

Miss Cuenca with Uma Thurman lookalike

What a great group!

I danced with this one too

The guys love to mug for the camera

They all get into the act

This friendly bunch kept me occupied

The lady singer of the band was good

Party animals

Sorry, I like the smoke effects

Still partying

The show-offs get on stage

This was our whole group at the end

A resident with Miss Cuenca.  Somebody has to do it!