Sunday, March 31, 2024

Sunday March 31, 2024 Easter

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday March 31, 2024

Happy Easter everyone!!

After a strangely poor sleep Friday night I was slow to get going.  We watched some curling and hockey before I needed to prepare to go to N.E. Edmonton for an Easter meal.

I left a little early because the Library was open and 2 of my Nelson DeMille books were ready for pickup.  I had a third one on hold, but cancelled that because Don gave me a paperback copy of that one.  

I had taken the LRT and an announcement stunned me that the line I was taking was closed for track maintenance between Coliseum and Clareview stations... but they had buses to take us that stretch thankfully.   The transit police were nabbing many people who had not paid this way.  Anyway, I made it to Clareview station and my cousin Jeanne's friend Meng was there to pick me up.

At Jeanne's place, one of her church friends named Janet joined us and we had some lively discussions before the delicious turkey meal, topped off with tiramisu supplied by Meng, and butterscotch rhubarb crisp baked by Jeanne, washed down with wine from Italy, also supplied by Meng...

I was stuffed when I got home but surprisingly not tired, so I watched "The Magnificent Seven" while reading one of the new books until 2am...

Today was simple, up late and do chores, and then go with Bob at 3pm to the Commercial Hotel on Whyte Avenue to listen to Leo and Braden again.  The day was sunny and 9C but a persistent east wind was bitingly cold.  We can't wait for Tuesday when it is supposed to hit 20C then cool off again.  Drat!  And it is supposed to rain tonight, which will help clean up the snow, salt and dirt and dust...

We tried to order pizza from Grandma Pizza when we got home but they are closed for several days.  Drat!  So I dressed warmer and went to L'il Caesar's for a ready-to-go 3-meat medium pizza which Bob and I devoured.

Now I am watching a replay of this morning's curling match between Canada's Gushue and last year's Worlds Men's winner Mouwat from Scotland.  I already know that we won 8-4, and have set the alarm for 6am for the match against tough Italy...

I hope you enjoy the pictures which Google has again managed to mangle the order...   Jeeeezzzz.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Leo picking

Dancers having fun



Sunny but with a cold wind

Our lovely city

The view out front

North Saskatchewan is flowing well


Leo and Braden

Braden Gates

Leo Martinez