Sunday, March 3, 2024

Sunday March 3, 2024 Humidity

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday March 3, 2024

Thursday night, I got to test the new remote manual control that I had ordered for the Nikon D850 (Brutus), and it works great like the one I had for the D5600.

It is so nice to see the Guaranteed Income Supplement kick in to the bank account.  Maybe that is why I have resumed being an online shopaholic...

Friday was my oldest brother's 85th birthday!  Happy Birthday Fern!

 Another nice thing was to step on the weigh scale and see my weight going down in the right direction...  I am seriously working on this.

I helped my friend Don order a specific massager from Britain.  He already has one that he feels is the best ever, but probably too costly to repair....

Bob invited Don and I for wonderful roast beef and mashed potatoes with trimmings and we ate our fill.  Such a great meal is rare.

I left early because my new expensive humidifier and new humidistat had arrived and I wanted to get them operating.  

So far I have been very disappointed in the unit which cannot reach the comfort zone of 40-60%, not even reaching 30%.  And it does not transfer to the whole 600 sq ft apartment as advertised.  I have just transferred it to the bedroom where I spend most of my time on the computer or sleeping...  All it seems to manage to do is fog up my reading glasses...

Saturday morning, after many overnight WhatsApp conversations with Cristina, I ordered her a gift for her niece Ana who is so good to her, ...a Stanley 30 oz mug with silicone base sleeve.

My last Amazon order appeared early and that got me on yet another shopping kick...  I found the Temu site and ordered 2 winter coats, winter boots, and much more....

So Saturday and today were much the same, online shopping, watch curling and hockey, and get further into my book.  

I have added warm mist to the humidifier control and that has so far raised the humidity to 29%..!!  Maybe I am onto the secret....

It is still cold outside and with a strong wind.....  No way I am going outside today!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Test #1 with the remote

Test #2

Fancy disappointing humidifier

Nowhere close to the comfort zone...

Bad transference room to room

Nice snowdrift

More snow last night