Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Wednesday March 13, 2024 Deliveries

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Wednesday March 13, 2024

Monday night, while reading my book, I had old movies I knew well running in the background on the TV, like The Thomas Crown Affair, Avatar and Seabiscuit.  It is nothing to me to watch a favourite 30 or 40 times...  And I did the same on Tuesday night, but with newer movies.

Tuesday morning I was up late, like usual now, and around 11am I saw that Alexa had a notification which was the delivery of the gift of a Stanley mug for niece Ana to our home in Colombia.  I had not heard from Cristina and I tried unsuccessfully to call her many times.  I feared the package had been left at the door by Amazon and then stolen.  In a panic I called my friend Roger to check the door and with the neighbor across the way... no package...!  Cristina had said she might see our vet John Faber Rojas that day, so I was finally able to reach him and Cristina was indeed there with a sick bid and a gift of baking.  Relief!  Cristina said the package came safely at 9am their time, so all was well.  But the bird died overnight as I expected.  It had a ruined neck and looked very poorly.

This morning my entire order to Temu online came to the door.  The packaging was exceedingly poor but the articles ordered were all in good condition.  Most exceeded my expectations for the price.  I was a tad disappointed in the two "winter" coats being a tad light for our harsh conditions, and the advertised long elegant grey cloth coat being much shorter than expected, but both are eminently useful for my wardrobe.  The waterproof short boots fit well and will be useful, and the tiger t-shirt absolutely blew my mind! 

Bob was impressed with the purchases so he had me order him 2 golf shirts and a t-shirt in his size...

Bob had taken his Gio Element into the dealer this morning for a damage estimate because the guy who parks his car across from us had backed into his unit at least 3 times, breaking the front of it.  I thank my lucky stars that the guy never him mine, right beside Bob's.  We have arranged for the dealer to email me the estimate for presentation to this other tenant who insulted Bob with an offer of $50....!!

I made an appointment for the morning to take my Gio in to the dealer too, to get a warranty check to make sure that I have no issues.

The Gio ran very well when I delivered the revised application to the Edmonton Parks & Leisure office downtown.  They looked at the app and accepted it, no problem.  I was surprised to find this City department so very quick and efficient.

My kitchen tap leaks a little at the base and I don't want water problems so I talked to the maintenance man and put in a work order at his request.  He indicated that he might show up today...  I hope that I remember to ask for his help in retrieving my fallen bird feeders from the ledge below...

More hockey tonight...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Flimsy packaging was repaired in some spots

Small articles and some gifts

The elegant "long" coat

The other winter coat

My new short waterproof boots

This t-shirt is like silk! Awesome!

Sunglasses, manicure kit, belt+buckle, disposable gloves