Thursday, March 21, 2024

Thursday March 21, 2024 Spring?

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Thursday March 21, 2024

Tuesday morning,  I managed to arise at 7:30am to see Canada's girls in the Women's World Championship beat Italy in a close game 8-7.

Don's massager from eBay finally arrived, so he was delighted to get it, except now he needs a European 220 adapter.

At 4pm the girls beat Switzerland, the world's defending champs, who had not lost in 42 games, by a score of 8-5.  Later, our Oilers won a squeaker that they almost flubbed again.

Wednesday I did get up at 6am to watch Canada's Team Homan beat Japan round-robin 7-2 in a game that was much closer than the score indicated.

I see that on the Pixels.com site where I sell my photos that my page has had 1,761,751 visitors.  Not bad....

Team Homan then had a strangely tight match against Turkiye (their spelling) until they broke it open with a score of 5 with the last rock to win 9-5.  Don was again here to enjoy that action.

I was really into a book "Night Fall" by Nelson DeMille who also wrote "The General's Daughter" which is a good movie with John Travolta.  I love the main character, written in the first person, who is witty, smart and irreverent.  I read late into the evening while the movie Gandhi was playing in the background.

It snowed, and this continued into this morning, most of the day and into this evening.  

I was up at 7:03am, turned on the curling to see that Canada had an 8-0 lead, all on stolen points,.. watched Estonia make 2 points, then I returned to bed.  Canada won 9-4.

At 4pm Team Homan took out New Zealand 9-2 to stand alone undefeated atop the standings.  2 more games tomorrow against Scotland and Korea could be interesting!  Then it is the playoffs where we should have a bye into the semi-finals.

So, here we have the first day of spring which is not so bad at -3 with snow flurries.  Hopefully the forecasters will be wrong again and the warmth will return sooner than Tuesday.

I finished the book and have another named The Lion by Nelson DeMille as well.  Don says that he has about 5 more of them.

The Oilers are playing stupidly again tonight... but they made up for it in the third period with a big win.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

This morning 7:03

This evening 9pm