Sunday, March 10, 2024

Sunday March 10, 2024 Diversions

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday March 10, 2024

Friday, I skipped chores for a quick run to Dollarama for hangars before I got a nice visit from our niece Dawn.  I got to drive her car a bit which is good to keep in practice.  Firstly we had to check the air in her tires and found that one front tire that had been possibly escaping air had been inflated by an airhead in Calgary to 94psi , almost triple what it should have been....  Then the mechamic noted that the left taillight was dead so we replaced that too.  We had a leisurely lunch at Subway and browsed a couple of stores before returning.

Then I handled chores and swept the whole apartment in between watching curling and hockey and starting a new book, only to find it was an old book that I had read before... and got to bed again at my new regular time of midnight...

Saturday, I forced myself to get up to watch Formula 1 racing at 8am, (my guy, Charles LeClerc came in 3rd) and I actually had the gumption to dust my whole place which had been basically untouched for over 2 months...   

I watched the early Oiler game up at Bob's place because he feels left out if we don't see him in a while.

At 5pm Don came down to watch UFC until 11:30pm.  he still does not have a TV hooked up at his place and does enjoy the same sports as me.  We even flipped back and forth to keep track of hockey and curling.

Today, Daylight Saving Time kicked in and thankfully that was automatic on my Echo Dot and phone, so I had to adjust all the clocks in the house.

I got my first delivery from Temu of a very bright flashlight before lunch.   It looks pretty decent and well worth the small price.  I wasn't expecting deliveries on a Sunday!  At 10am there was a MotoGP race and I had not watched one in a long while so that was a treat.  My guy, former champion Marc Marquez, has switched to riding for Ducati and he came in fourth.

The curling Men's Briar semifinal at noon had Saskatchewan beat my Alberta team.  The final is at 6pm against Team Canada now.

Around 2:45pm I slipped out on the Gio to my usual Sunday haunt at the Commercial Hotel.  Braden Gates was playing alone for a bit because Leo Martinez got fooled by the Daylight Saving Time and he was late.  There was a lively crowd of mostly pretty ladies, but taking photos without a flash with Brutus was difficult.  I am learning.  Slowly...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


A lot of speed in Formula 1

Charles LeClerc came in 3rd

Needed a good pic of this

Verstappen seems unbeatable

My guy Marc was 4th from start to finish

Bagnaia wins

My new flashlight

Braden played alone for a while

DST fooled Leo

Lots of ladies having fun

Great twosome for music