Monday, March 18, 2024

Monday March 18, 2024 Sunshine

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Monday March 18, 2024

The forecast has changed drastically so the cold weather and snow we were to get Wednesday is just going to be a few flurries and -2 Thursday instaed, and then staying that cool to the end of the week....  We can tolerate that quite easily...

I am managing my weight well, but want to drop it more again, so I will have to work on that and watch the snacking.  I always keep it right in my lap where I can see it, lol...,

Don came by to help me watch Canada beat Norway and remain undefeated in the Women's World Curling Championship.  The real test will be tomorrow when they play tough Italy, then the present World Champs Switzerland....  I hope to catch some of the 6am game against Italy, if I can crawl out of bed that early....

It pushed to 16C today so I put on a light jacket to travel to Save-On on the Gio for groceries.  They had no specials on the salad kits so I bought 2 red cabbage instead.  I have the other fixings at home.  I have so much food stored here, I really only went for milk, cabbage, and added some pasta because I have so much for sauce in the cupboard or freezer.

Once I unloaded the groceries in the apartment, I put on just a sweater and went and sat out front with Bob.  I brought some sunflower seeds to entice the birds, but struck out.  Only 2 chickadees went overhead, paused, then continued on.  It was nice to see so many residents coming and going and enjoying the great day.

Adel from the office came by and Bob jokingly said that I would take her picture, so she did a few poses.  I actually have an appointment to take pictues of her 90 year-old Dad on Saturday.  I am still working out which camera I will use, tripod and flash, etc....

There is probably not much on the tube tonight, so I intend to make popcorn, try out my new oil sprayer on that, and settle in to read my book.  I may even try to hit the sack early to be up for that early curling game....

I hope you enjoy the pictures, out of order thanks to Google, again..  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Adel, from the office


Backlit leaf

Lovely day

Seeds I put out for the birds