Thursday, March 7, 2024

Thursday March 7, 2024 Learning

 PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Thursday March 7, 2024

Monday the scale was very nice to me, giving me hope.  I mailed off the application for an LAP Pass to be able to get preferential treatment at zoos and museums and on transit in Edmonton.

My accountant finished my 2023 income taxes and it balanced out to $0 so I am happy for another year.

Again, watching curling and hockey while reading my book will again be the order of things for this week.

I caught some photos of a wild jackrabbit in the parking lot below my window.  Love watching wildlife...  It started snowing again around midnight.

It was still snowing Tuesday morning while I was having very strange difficulties with Facebook logins.  Finally, it cleared up again.  The fear of being hacked gets larger every day.

It took a while, but I managed to update my avatar on Facebook with images of reflections, man-made by me of course...

I received the first of 2 messages, supposedly from Canada Post wanting me to update my address.  I suspected another hacker rat so I called Canada Post.  The calls/messages are not from them, and the proof of the pudding is that they ask for credit card info....

It seems that midnight is my new bedtime... like it really matters.... lol.

Wednesday the 6th of March was my 53rd Anniversary of marriage to Patsy and that is always cause for reflection because she has been gone almost 28 years.  

I had a craving, so I ordered that meat-lovers extra, extra large pizza from Grandma pizza, figuring on sharing with my buddies, but they are busy cooking their own, so I have meals for 4 days....

At 6pm both Don and Bob came here to watch the Oilers win another come-from-behind win over the tough Boston Bruins...  Then we watched some of the Women's hockey and curling as well.

Today, the scale was still nice to me and my Amazon card approval was confirmed and is in effect.

Today is also the 40th Anniversary of losing our beloved Dad.  We still miss his quiet strength every single day...

The weather improved to -1C so we took the plunge and jumped on the Gio to go to Save-On foods for veggies and milk.  Oh it was so very nice to get out in nice weather and sunshine again.  I even managed to get most of my groceries at sale prices....

In my mailbox was the t-mount for that Ultimaxx 420-800mm lens.  I didn't take long for me to test it, albeit only handheld which is stupid, but I am thrilled with the results!  This $76 lens is no worse that the $1200 Nikon lens at over twice the distance...  Really amazing!

The Oilers play another hard team in 20 minutes so I need to rush.

For 2 days or more I have put the humidifier at the lowest setting for vapor and heat.  The machine shows 20% humidity while the living room reads 12% and the bedroom 16%, which makes no sense at all.....  And the water level lasts a long time.  I will live it like this for a while.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Snow and cold but sunny

Too much humidity caused this.

Our neighbourhood bunny

May he have a long life!

First test shot Ultimaxx 420mm

Second at 420mm

Third at 420mm

Fista at 800mm, I an thrilled!

Second at 800mm

Third at 800mm