Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wednesday February 8, 2017 Lunch

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my NEW website:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although, because of a glitch in Google, it doesn’t seem to be working at all. Therefore I sincerely do appreciate the hundreds of regular followers.
****
Comments are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Wednesday February 8, 2017
We had to go back to the IESS doctor on Huayna Capac and Bolivar by 8am so I was awake early and walking the dogs at 4:30.  Now we have to wait for more test results.
When we were done with the doctor Cristina insisted that we find a place for breakfast in El Centro, so we wandered, and wandered, and wandered.  We tried to go up to her favourite Colombian bakery place only to find them permanently closed and gone.  Then almost everything around Parque Calderon was also closed, even Don Colon's, which I was sure would be open for breakfast.  We ended up settling for a Chilean chicken empanada and coffees at a hole-in-the-wall around the corner.  My legs were like rubber by this point.
Then we came home and I crashed until Spanish class at noon.  I am making good progress, I just wish my memory was better.  Teo and I have made plans for Friday and Saturday.... stay tuned.
I stopped at my bank on the way home and saw that SRI had finally processed my August refund....  Then I saw a new official at the bank and enquired to find out that I have a new Manager named Edgar that doesn't speak English, so I made sure to introduce myself.
When I came back, not a mouse was stirring, as Cristina had crashed with the dogs and was not roused by the arrival of Buzzer so I decided to let her sleep.  I went a block towards the hospital and had lunch at the new restaurant on our street called Matucheff.  This was about my 4th time there and the food has been superlative every time.  There are not too many places where you get soup, popcorn, drink, entree and dessert for $2.75 (although the dessert is always a tiny joke).  If you are ever near the Hospital IESS, just come 1.5 blocks west on the walking path.  Matucheff is new, classy, quick, and serves delightful food.  Highly recommended for the price.  Their brochure says they are open for breakfast too, but I can't confirm that yet.
Then Cristina made me accompany her to the IESS to get her blood pressure checked.  She has to do this every day at the same time for 10 days so it is fortunate that the IESS provides this, and it is so handy.
Then I made plans to go to Banos tomorrow with Gustavo.  I haven't been there for about 2 years but swimming in the hot pools is recommended for both our ailments.
All the photos today were taken since I reset the new Lumix ZS60, mistakenly in jpeg mode, but they sure turned out well. 
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement.   Cheers, Al 

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Testing the flash with Mariposa

Matucheff is very modern and classy

Cucumber salad, rice and a hamburger mix was my entree

How can a person go wrong?

Another gorgeous day in the neighbourhood

The hibiscus are in full bloom

The IESS Hospital is so handy for us