Monday, January 16, 2017

Monday January 16, 2017 Cuenca



Souvenir Photo Studio is now open.  Book your session now.
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my NEW website:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although, because of a glitch in Google,  it doesn’t seem to be working at all.  Therefore I sincerely do appreciate the hundreds of regular followers.
****
Comments are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Monday January 16, 2017
Yesterday I hung around all day because two of my Ecuadorian friends were to stop by but typically cancelled at the last moment.
In January, which I consider a rainy month,.. when we have a beautiful day, we take advantage of it!  Today was one of those days.
Cristina wanted to go for Colombian food at the Moliendo Cafe on Honorato Vasquez.  We jumped on the #13, and part way, Garry and his family sat across from us and we got caught up on their news.  
I always enjoy Moliendo's empanandas for 50c so I was very disappointed that they had none.  I had to have a beef plate instead and it was quite good.  I was surprised that Cristina said that she did not like their arepas.  Next to us was Regina P. and a couple of friends, one a Canadian, later to be joined by Linda C..  It is always good to bump into old friends.
Then we caught the #3 from Calle Larga to get to our bank, from where we walked to Coral and then home.
I then jumped on Buzzer for his daily run and just headed east, enjoying the sun, the views, and fresh air.   While I am still pretty shaky, I really enjoy the freedom of riding Buzzer.  I am just a lot slower and more careful now.
All photos are taken with the little Lumix and one of the best shots of the day, of the Tomebamba west was taken over my head, un-aimed.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement.   Cheers, Al 

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Shot from the #13 - The Tomebamba is a tad high

Benjamin, Nubi and Garry

Typical street scene in Cuenca

Cris getting ready to order

Moliendo Cafe

A shot southwest from Calle Larga

And another more southerly

Looking east along the Tomebamba

Looking West along the Tomebamba

View of the Pachamama mountain east of Cuenca

Looking back west towards Cuenca


OK