Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday January 22, 2016 CETAP-Lucy

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday January 22, 2016
Two nights ago I opened my bedroom window after 9pm and was shocked to see Tom Thumb sitting a foot away on the windowsill, in the rain, in the dark, not moving at all.  I talked to him and he still did not move, so I grabbed the camera and took a couple of shots, then he flew away.   Normally the hummers are nowhere to be seen after about 7:30pm.
Steve H. had posted on GringoPost to start a gringo motorcycle group on this Friday morning so I had said that I would join him.  Linda and Jeff also came along and we left Goza Restaurant shortly after 9:30, having disdain for the very grey, overcast day that would be threatening rain.  They took my suggestion and we headed out on back roads towards El Valle.
Both Jeff and Linda volunteer at CETAP-Lucy, a school funded largely by Hearts Of Gold and where I sponsored a child named Angel.  Since the school was near the route, we decided to stop in.  The first child out of the gate was my little Angel and it made my heart swell as I saw how much he had progressed in this past year.   The reports were that he was bullied because of his small stature and so he was quite antisocial.  That certainly wasn't the case today as he easily mixed with everyone.  There are not too many more heartwarming things in life than helping a child succeed in life.
We continued on to El Valle, which is really different from where I thought the actual town was!  There are so many houses and churches spread out over the valleys south of me, it is very confusing, and also the #15 El Valle bus stops well before the town where we were.
We waited out a minor sprinkle and followed Jeff to a magnificent mirador (viewpoint) at Santa Ana.  All in all it was a great outing with some very nice people.

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al

Tom Thumb was out carousing late at night

This was my first time at CETAP-Lucy

My little Angel wearing Jeff's helmet

The kids all know Linda & Jeff

Angel and his sponsor for this past school year

A photo op with the kids

School founder Rocio gets in the picture

Angel likes the bikes

Posing on Toxic

This was a scene just up the road

Apparently this is the real El Valle

What a view from Santa Ana (north?)

A view more east?

North again

It was a fun ride with these fine folks

People enjoyed seeing us ride by on these bikes