Friday, January 22, 2016

Thursday January 21, 2016 Mom

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday January 21, 2016
Mom's 100th Birthday would be May 29 but she entered a Hospice yesterday so it is unlikely that she would make it.  
I am going to Canada next week to be with her for a bit, and sadly to say goodbye. She has had a good life and seen more changes in the world than most anyone.  Love you Mom.
I had an ordeal trying to book a reasonable flight, compounded by my small mistake in the expiry date on my credit card.   The flight to Calgary is reasonable, and quick, but the return flights, which I had ignored in my haste, are absolutely horrible.  It will probably take me around 48 hours to return home.... not looking forward to that.
I have a ride from the airport, a place to stay, and other kind friends offered to loan me one of their vehicles.  I am blessed to have such good family and friends.
The Bank Of Canada also dropped their interest rate substantially and the money markets reacted positively prompting me to hastily change some money and have it wired to Ecuador to allow us to survive here for another few months.  Almost a 1/3 hit on the money sure hurts.....
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

My brother sent this photo of Mom in the Hospice

This is Mom in 2014