Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wednesday January 27, 2016 Traveling

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday January 27, 2016
I have just readied my laptop for traveling to Canada and re-hooked up the PC for Cristina to use for her Facebook conversations.
I will be going with a rolling office case and one backpack full of clothes, 2 books, small camera, alpaca jacket, toque, fanny pack, and a neck pillow.  Both carry-ons are now well under the 10 Kg limit so I can bring back a couple of computer items that I have ordered, and not much else.  Due to the weight, I sadly had to leave behind the big camera,... sob.   So I will apologize now for the quality of photos over the next 10 days or so.
The trip there will be reasonable, leaving here by bus at 9pm and actually arriving in Calgary at 5:30 tomorrow.   As you know this is not a pleasure trip, it is to go say goodbye to my 99-year-old Mother who is failing rapidly.   Her 100th birthday would be May 29 but it is highly unlikely that she would make it, hence the rush trip in winter...    Her health and memory are having their ups and downs so it promises to be taxing on the tear ducts.
I am so grateful for good family and friends who will help me out in Calgary with lodging and transportation, etc.  This is going to be a very stressful trip without having to worry about those items.  My sister from Ontario has also managed to get flights for almost the same time so that will be wonderful.
At this point the only major thing that I am dreading is the horrific trip back to Ecuador starting on the evening of Feb 5.  I should get home around daybreak on Feb 7.   Does anyone have any good ways of spending a 12 hour layover in Los Angeles overnight?
UPDATE - Left Cuenca at 9pm and was at the bus terminal in Guayaquil at 12:30!  That bus was powerful and the traffic was light, so now a 4-hour wait at the airport....   Delays are rare for early morning flights, which is good, because I only have a 40-minute turnaround in San Salvador which is a tiny airport.  Then to Los Angeles, then Calgary.   I don't want to jinx myself, but knock on wood, I have had pretty good luck on my flights.
Hugs to everyone.  No photos for a couple of days...  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al