Sunday, December 27, 2015

Sunday December 27, 2015 Oswaldo's

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Sunday December 27, 2015
My gosh, I seem to have picked up a whole batch of new readers for this Blog, .. welcome!   It always surprises me when someone, out of the blue, tells me that they follow my Blog, especially people that I have never met.  One of my readers told me that a friend of theirs in the US is a regular follower and he questions things they say with "But Al said in his Blog......"  Too funny...
This was starting to be another lazy after a relatively sleepless night but the sunshine beckoned broadly, so we had to get out on Toxic.
When we finally got Cristina moving we went to the west end where she had to deliver some keys.  We saw many of the effigy stands on the street to help people prepare for the New Year's Eve burning of their past woes.  A couple of the dummies made up by construction crews were both laughable and interesting.
On the way back I tried to get Cristina to go on a ride somewhere, anywhere, but she was feeling lazy so I asked Christian when we got home.
He was game, so we headed east towards Paute and went quite a ways before joining the heavy traffic back to Cuenca.  For the most part, drivers are courteous but there were at least 2 ignorant SOB's who insisted on passing 3 wide, putting everyone in danger.  I wish there was a way to just vaporize those idiots on the spot.
We turned off at Ucubamba and drove by Oswaldo's place to find the gate open and several family members wandering the grounds.  We were invited in and quickly gave Christian a cook's tour.  Oswaldo and one brother have been really working to build a small suite below the treehouse and much of it has undergone an amazing transformation since the last time I was there.  Oswald figured the kitchen in the suite was too small so he will leave this as a bar area and make an outside extension for the kitchen and leave.  I kidded Oswaldo that he really needed another bar (because he already has about 5 of them on the property....
After enjoying the view from the treehouse we bade our farewells.  From there I let Christian drive Toxic home along the Tomebamba while I enjoyed the view from the rumble seat.  Christian has way more experience than me driving motorcycles so I knew I was in good hands.  I love December weather in Cuenca so I hope it can drag on well into January.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

This construction site effigy is pretty rudimentary

More guys at this site, so a little more effort...

East view from the treehouse at Oswaldo's

North view

West view

Christian & Oswaldo

Christian enjoying the music and ambiance of the Country Bar