Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Saturday, February 7, 2015 Purple People

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Saturday, February 7, 2015
I apologize.  I forgot these photos were on my camera.
Every odd Saturday, (I don't know their schedule), we hear this chanting on loudspeakers in the mid-morning and look out to see this spectacle of a parade.  We have these Catholics apparently doing the Stations Of The Cross along our walking path, and they are mostly dressed alike.  We have taken to call them the purple people and we keep watching for the purple people eater, but maybe he is just some songwriter's dream....
Many more photos to follow shortly...
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  


Sorry, no sound, so you can't hear the chanting...

This procession is fairly long and they are mostly dressed in purple

This isn't every Saturday, but it happens pretty often.

The procession stretches along our walking path

Does anyone know the significance of the purple??

They stop to recite the prayers for one of the Stations Of The Cross