Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 Road Work

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014
The saga of the paving continues.  Following are four photos from yesterday showing how they are laying down parts of the street in sections and trying to roll it flat.   Having brought in old, recycled asphalt for a base, they will add more layers later and build up the surface.
They did a little more packing today, again ruining the layer of gravel I had put up against the sidewalk to ease the entry and exit of the car.  They were really working slow today when the heavens opened again.   The I decided to pull out the car and get a free car wash...  I might need the car later for Roux Trivia night, but I haven't received the call that I am needed so, maybe not...
It was then that I spotted two cold workmen huddled under a neighbour's small eave to escape the rain.   I motioned to my open door and they came over gratefully.  I then gave Juan and Jorge each a beer and we yakked for a while with my broken Spanish until they could call it a day at 4pm.
I guess the rain is a good thing to show them where the low spots are so that they can make future corrections.  Jorge said the actual laying of the true asphalt will occur on Monday.  I am just thankful that I can get my car in and out of the garage without scraping on the sidewalk.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

I hauled about 4 buckets of gravel from the far end of the street

At least I have the mixture with the old asphalt to keep the dust down

The operator appeared to be making calculations on the cardboard box

At least it is getting smoother and easier to exit

Today's rain shows where the low spots are, and I get a free car wash