Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday, November 7, 2014 Azogues

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday, November 7, 2014
I was determined to go out on a photo shot and my photog friend Paul Wolf was willing to accompany me if the weather improved, which it wasn't a whole lot, but we figured we would drive east and take a chance.
Paul had been to a nice outlook called San Miguel the week earlier so we headed that way but couldn't locate the turn-off so we ended up in Azogues.
We had a lovely lunch at a place called Pepe's and the weather was still iffy so we climbed part of the mountain so I could get a couple of shots of the huge statue that overlooks Azogues.
Then we went to the lovely church that also dominates Azogues and I took some shots inside the church which had some amazing altars and a captivating crucifixion scene.
Paul is a real purist photographer and, if the sky isn't right, he doesn't take any photos. Oh well, we had a little drive to while away a lazy, rainy Friday...   We can always head to San Miguel another day.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Azogues is overlooked by this large statue of the Virgin and Child

Apparently we would have had to walk up the mountain..

I opted for a long shot this time...

The main Azogues church is also very visible and imposing

Lots of steps to a beautiful church

Looking down over the town

I fell in love with this scene

The main aisle and altar are impressive

Lovely side altar #1

Lovely side altar #2

Lovely side altar #3

Part of the main altar area

Lovely side altar #4

Another part of the main altar area

Closer view of the main altar

Closer yet

This mural was eye-catching

Back to my crucifixion scene

I love this kind of artistry

A view back to Mount Cojitambo