Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Wednesday December 20, 2023 Travel Plans

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Wednesday December 20, 2023

Monday, I re-set my Fongo phone 587-887-0488 to work for calls or texts from Canada.  Then I will have to see if I can call forward calls from my Edmonton #...... before I leave....

I did up a framed photo for Bob of that nice pic of him and his son from Sunday.  He was very appreciative.  Later, Don brought down a complete pork supper which we all enjoyed here.

Tuesday, my daughter and I re-opened a US Dollar account at CIBC to negate the loss of 4% in silly conversion fees.  I arranged for my bank verifications set to be sent to my Fongo phone#.  Texts somehow won't go through, but the voice calls do, so hopefully we are set.  The banker informed me that my Debit card will not work down there, just my Credit card.  Grrrrr

Don served us tourtiere and lime meringue pie at Bob's place.  I am getting spoiled..

Even though I was tired, I tackled the nerve-wracking chore of arranging my flights to Toronto and Cali, Colombia and back.  The Credit card would not work on anything and I was forced to use my Debit card...  Grrr  Booking the Westjet flight to Toronto through FlightHub worked well as well as the return flight with Air Canada.

The fun began trying to book Toronto to Cali and back through Avianca!  Again the Credit card stymied me and the reservations were declined!  Grrrrrr

This morning I re-did the Aviance flights and luckily my exit row seats were still available.  I am paying extra on these flights to include a piece of luggage, and have flexibility in case of changes required, better seats, etc....  Again, I had to use the Debit card...  I have emailed the bank about this annoying problem.

My sister summarized my flights for me nicely:

Thursday, Jan 4/24 - Edmonton to Toronto - 3:15 pm - 9:02 pm

Wednesday, Jan 10/24 - Toronto to Cali 22:55  pm - 8:09 am

Wednesday, Feb 14/24 - Cali to Toronto - 12:21 pm - 21:30 pm

Wednesday, Feb 21/24 - Toronto to Edmonton -  10:00 am - 12:18 pm

Contacting many people about the impending trip is bringing some interesting results.  It is possible that Gustavo, my biking buddy who saved my life when I broke my neck in Ecuador, may actually come to visit us in Andalucia, Colombia.  That would make me so happy!

I already have requests to mule some items too... lol.

This afternoon I restricted myself to a quick grocery run to last me until Jan 3....

No pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.