Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Monday December 25, 2023 Christmas

 PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Monday December 25, 2023

Yesterday, I got picked up in the afternoon for a fabulous meal of genuine tourtiere with family before taking a walk to the nearby park which is lit up so beautifully.  They have a figure-8 ice path which was smooth with a slight skiff of snow on it.  The intention was to check it out for skating the following day, Christmas, as I had brought along the skates I had bought in Devon....  Then it was a little ping-pong with old, wobbly racquets.

Family and friends joined us for a Christmas Eve celebration that was full of lively conversation with tons of food to eat.  Around 11pm we were tuckered out.... and I was spending the night there on a comfy cot in the basement.

Today, I was surprised that everyone slept in until 9am before everyone was ready for the gift opening.  They had done the Secret Santa thing with a $50 limit and it was amazing the thought that went into the gift giving!  The hilarious part of the morning was when two of the guys gave each other new ping-pong racquets, so now everyone can play with fours....  Too funny!

At 1pm we grabbed our skates and headed to the figure-8.  The ice was lightly shoveled and everybody was enjoying a relaxing skate.  I tried my new skates which proved to be too big and wobbly and I barely made it 3 feet before coming back to sit.  One broken neck was enough.  It was just not worth the risk.   Even with 2 pairs of socks I am not convinced that I would enjoy those skates which did not feel sharp either.  My kingdom for another pair of the old Lange sturdy skates...

Then it was time for the fourth delicious turkey and ham dinner of this Christmas season!  What a glutton I am, but I am basically sticking to the one plate a day regimen regardless... 

After all that, I was given a long tiramisu cake for my birthday so I have had friends from the building pop in and share as large a slice as they want...  So far, 5 have joined me.

Names have been withheld to protect the innocent....

Now I am tuckered and ready for bed.

That was the day’s excitement.  Most photos removed.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 


Cristina celebrating in Cali





The figure-8 with lights





Almost full moon (happens tomorrow)