Saturday, December 16, 2023

Friday December 15, 2023 Party #2

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Friday December 15, 2023

Thursday, I spent most of the day sleeping and then finishing the book "The Associate" by John Grisham.  I found it to be a pretty decent book until the ending which left too many unanswered questions...  There must be a sequel...

Today I was in contact with my financial gurus and the CIBC to arrange for cash to take to Colombia, then I can nail down the travel plans.  Cristina is very excited that I am coming to see her and our family of 13 wonderful dogs.

In the evening, I drove Ghyslaine in her truck to attend the French organization "Club 50+" for their Christmas party.  One of the organizers was an energetic little lady that I have come to know through several events, Nicole Fortin.  They really did an awesome job with a 50-50 raffle, many prize draws, a fabulous buffet turkey dinner (with tourtieres), DJ and dance.  Every table had to literally sing a specific Christmas tune, in French, to go next to eat.  Many of the tunes I had never heard translated into French.

We happened to grab a table joining the former President of the Societe des Manoirs who run our building.  His name was Ernest Levesque, and it turned out that he knew Radville...!!  Because his brother-in-law was Maurice Remillard, one of our neighbours!  His lovely wife Janet Merritt spoke no French and came from Cape Breton.  The rest of our group was very friendly and fun.  It was a lovely evening and I even got a few dances.

On the way home, we encountered a police bottleneck Checkstop and were fortunate that we were not one of the ones pulled over.

We are beginning to get in the Christmas spirit.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


An overflow crowd at St Thomas d'Aquin church hall for the Club 50+ Christmas dinner.

Lovely certerpieces

2 Nicoles were the organizers

The DJ and dances were fun

Checkstop!

The Legislature and surroundings