Saturday, December 9, 2023

Saturday December 9, 2023 Catch Up

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Saturday December 9, 2023

Whew, 6 days since the last Blog again...  This may be the norm until I travel again, ....maybe soon...

Lately I have been staying up much later, midnight or better, reading, and then sleeping in most days....

Monday, I read a lot and watched the movie Seabiscuit again.  Great movie!  It almost always brings me to tears.

Tuesday, Bob and I got a bit adventurous and traveled on our Gios to Home Depot at Westmount Mall.  I poked around while Bob got what he wanted, and himmed and hawwed about some wire shelves, and decided to grab them just before leaving.  I figured if they didn't work near my recliner that I could use them in the kitchen, but they were a good choice....

Wednesday, I fell into deep depression, overtired and really despondent.  It was only when Cristina talked to me on WhatsApp and showed me our dogs that I brightened up.  I found that she needed some help, so I decided then to plan a trip there mid-January to early March, and skip winter for a while....

Bob and I went for Wednesday Wings and he invited me to watch hockey at his place to help brighten my disposition.  It worked.

Thursday, it was raining at 1am and that turned to snow after 3am so the roads would be skating rinks....  I managed to get the gumption to do laundry at 4am.

I began investigating for my proposed Colombia trip and invited my niece Dawn to join me as I would like someone to help me mule some cash down there.  She initially said yes, because she had visited me in Ecuador, but her present health situation sadly scotched this trip.  Now I am still looking for another helper.

I had a fight with CIBC over $32.75 service charges on my account...!!  Apparently I did way too many transactions with my debit card last month...  So it now makes sense to me why people use their credit card... then pay a single bill monthly.... CIBC is refunding me the charges because I have been a long-term client...

The crib players downstairs called me at 8pm to play with them until 10pm....  Why not?..... 

Friday, I tried to catch up not very successfully on my sleep, then cut my hair for the Christmas season...  Reading books while watching TV is my boring winter pastime.

Today, Ghyslaine asked me to accompany (drive) her to a political coffee house meet at the Tim Horton's in Devon, south of Edmonton, for Conservative MP Mike Lake.  We had a coffee and an apple fritter and met this MP who was there with his handicapped son and his staff.  I really like this MP and I wish we were in his Edmonton-Wetaskiwin riding.  I could not figure out why Ghyslaine wanted to go there, even if she used to live in Devon.  It turns out that she was hoping her hated in-laws would show up and scurry away once they saw her, ha, ha...

We went to a thrift shop in Devon and I found some nice Tacks skates that looked my size for $15, so those came home with me.  When I tried them on later, they fit perfectly!  Ghyslaine knew the ladies there at the thrift shop and got invited to free Christmas dinner next Wednesday....  I guess we are going....

We made a stop at Costco and I picked up spices for me and another 3kg of honey for Bob.  Ghyslaine was checking for glasses she had ordered and also prescriptions.  She cannot see distances with the new glasses, so I imagine she will be making more Costco trips soon.

Then we hit the big west-end Walmart where I grabbed that $10 T-Fal frying pan I have wanted and some better 2-in-1 shampoo-conditioner.  I gave the 2-in-1 Head & Shoulders I had to Ghyslaine because H&S has never agreed with my scalp.  Good riddance.

Now we are back home, tired, and needing to chop up a cabbage....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

The new shelves are perfect by the recliner!

The North Saskatchewan is covered over...

Whyte Ave is festively lit up

Rain at 1am

Snow at 3:45am

Meet the MP at Timmies

Wish he was our MP!

Tired MP Mike Lake

My skates are ready to go...