Sunday, December 24, 2023

Saturday December 23, 2023 Feasting

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Saturday December 23, 2023

Yes, feasting instead of fasting is not a good idea for this correspondent who is struggling mightily to stay below 100 kgs....  with the desire to get much lower.  Struggling is the operative word...  One meal per day is the only way I can do it...

Friday, I dealt with many responses to electronic Christmas greetings, hearing from people I know across the world and with whom I still maintain sporadic contact.  One friend from Cuenca intends to visit while I am in Colombia and that pleases me greatly.

After 10 tries, I finally got through surprisingly quickly to the Service Canada office to enquire about the status of my GIS application from July on, filed November 7th....  I was pleased to be informed that it is in process, assigned, and I should get a letter in a month or so advising me of the backpay and the new monthly amounts.  That extra income will be most welcome.

My cousin Jeanne smuggled in her dog Suki here while we explored my stash of old family pictures so she could pick and choose those that she wanted put on a memory stick.  It was so nice for me to get a doggie fix and enjoy getting licked by a happy Suki.

I went up to Bob's place and Don joined us to watch the Oilers get back on the winning track.  I came home, craved some popcorn, so made some, and flipped channels.  I came across a favourite, "Man On Fire" with Denzel Washington which I watched until late, again....

Today, I got a quick nice visit from niece Dawn and we had a catch-up conversation....

At 5pm Don brought down a turkey feast and Bob brought Baileys and snacks, while I supply the place and clean-up.  I forced myself not to overdo it but ate a healthy plateful.  Both did not stay terribly long after so I got into a new book while James Bond was saving the world on the TV.  I forced myself to stop at 11:30pm because tomorrow promises to be a busy day....

It truly saddens me that my closest friends all seem to be fighting severe health issues, to the point that the dreaded phone call would not be a surprise.  All we can hope for is that they maintain a good attitude and stave off the painful issues as best they can.  It almost makes me feel guilty for being so comparatively healthy...

Again, Merry Christmas to all and hope your celebrations in the coming days are joyful.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

The turkey meal for the day.

We raided the snacks brought by Bob

Bob and Don are good friends.

Don reacting to a spasm in his hand