Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Wednesday September 6, 2017 IESS Again


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday September 6, 2017
OK, where to begin.... I went to another meeting with the IESS people and the story has changed yet again...  YES, if you had your Pension Visa and IESS before February, you can bring in a copy of your income statement used for your ORIGINAL visa, with copies of passports, cedulas, etc.  Then you will be charged on that lower amount.  They are urging people to do this quickly because they don't know what penalties might be assessed (retractive charges, etc) to those who delay...
They still haven't got a clue what to do with people with other types of Visas...
So I have dug up online documentation about my pension which is exactly $0.11 short as it was then in 2011, and the Canadian dollar was roaming at par with the USD.  We'll see what happens tomorrow when I go back with these documents...
I had quickly checked online about today's exchange rate which is about the best it has been all year, and this naturally happens after I moved all my available money because I figured it would deteriorate soon.   I am throwing away my defective crystal ball....
Cristina had gone shopping at Feria Libre with Cecilia and came back with more veggies and fish.
Cecilia said she had to find a specific "papeleria" to buy a specific textbook for her daughter with some strange name near Remigio Crespo and Unidad Nacional which she had been unable to find.  We Googled it on my phone and it came back with the name Book Point, a block south near the corner with Esmeraldas.  Then we jumped in her truck, picked up her daughter from school northeast of us then headed west to this place which we found without trouble.
It sounds like Cecilia's husband Alex is also investigating IESS for his mandatory health coverage because he is also an expat (Italian).  He might be lucky and just get added as a dependent to Cecilia's IESS coverage??  It appears that the two of us will check things out tomorrow....
Turi, Mariposa, Pricesa, Jack and Buddy say hello.....
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Cynical child and mother...

Happy Elisa and Cecilia