Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Monday-Tuesday September 11-12, 2017 IESS/Skyline


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday-Tuesday September 11-12, 2017
Monday:
I was at IESS hospital at 6:30 to see the surgeon.  By the time I saw him, got appointments, permissions, copies, signatures, ran to the IESS building, then Monte Sinai, I was barely home before noon.  The surgeon wants new electrical impulse tests (EEG??) so my appointment for that is on the 20th, same day as our next dance.
He has said NO to any traction for physio because he is afraid that we will pull apart his repair, which he admits is a little crooked, but all is in good shape except the medulla may still be rubbed in spots.   I need to get this back on an improving track because right now I am getting worried that I will lose the use of my arms which are hurting and losing feeling more and more every day.  It is over 9 months now and I am not much better than I was in January....  One morning I would like to wake up as a young man again..
Tuesday:
We had a very pleasant visit early this morning from Alex and Cecilia who live in San Cristobal.  They drop off their daughter at a school nearby so it is very nice that they drop in.  We enjoy each other's company and they borrow a lot of my movies because they have no television or internet out there yet..  I checked with Servicable who use wireless transmission towers but they do not serve out there... Bummer.  Country living isn't always what it is cracked up to be...
 I got my August receipts compiled and took the printed forms to the SRI office.  The wait wasn't long and they accepted it, no problem, as usual.
From there I rode Buzzer to ElCentro for the Cuenca Camera Club meeting at the Cuchara Magica Restaurant.  There was no more of this "critiquing" business and they are talking about taking some outings and maybe publishing calendars with some of our work...  Now they are talking my language!!
 Then I went to the Farmasol near the 12 de Abril Mercado to fill a prescription for Cristina.  When I got home she was all upset because these are pills that aggravate her headaches and she had told the doctor that!
The sun was shining and I wanted to do this Blog but needed to get out and take some photos for you so I headed to the North side of Cuenca, above the Universidad Catolica and took some shots.  I experimented with a couple of longer timed shots on a mini tripod but they aren't the best ones.  It has been a while since I have been up there, and I must really return at night some day with the proper tripod to get some skyline shots.  Maybe sooner, rather than later....
I hope you enjoy he photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
170912 Skyline of Cuenca #01

170912 Skyline of Cuenca #02

170912 Skyline of Cuenca #03

170912 Skyline of Cuenca #04

170912 Skyline of Cuenca #05

170912 Skyline of Cuenca #06

170912 Skyline of Cuenca #07

170912 Skyline of Cuenca #08

170912 Skyline of Cuenca #09

170912 Skyline of Cuenca #10

170912 Skyline of Cuenca #11