Monday, September 4, 2017

Monday September 4, 2017 Tom Thumb


Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday September 4, 2017
I went for the third time in 4 weeks to see my surgeon Dr. Sarmiento.  The first time he was in surgery.  Second time he was sick, but I talked to his compatriot from Cuba who looked at my new x-rays and MRI.  Dr Lopez said that I don't need more surgery but I should be set up for more continuous physiotherapy, then he set me an appointment at 6:45am today to see Sarmiento again.
Cristina comes with me this morning and we wait for over 3/4 hour before someone says he is on vacation, and not coming back until Thursday....  His office hours are only Mondays and Wednesdays.  Don't these people block off their vacation time as unavailable so they don't waste our time with useless appointments??!! Grrrrrrrr.
And then we have an appointment to go and increase our IESS rates on Wednesday..... The more I think about it I just might go to the appointment but refuse to raise my rates until they de-discriminate against the pensioners.  This whole BS is against the Constitution and they have no idea what they are doing (just like one lawyer posted in GringoPost this morning).....
Around lunchtime we went to Monay Shopping Mall and had a treat of KFC.   Cristina orders the chicken plate with Ecuadorian-style rice and beans while I go for the very traditional chicken and fries.  I sure wish they would learn how to make that to-die-for KFC gravy...
Then we wandered upstairs to Coral, bought a few needed household dry goods and a ton of groceries for $178 to hopefully last for 2 weeks.  I have no idea how she stuffs a full cart-load of veggies into our fridge...
After walking the dogs for the 4th time I decided that I wanted to take Buzzer for a run.  I made the excuse that I would pick up more hard corn for her pigeons and she surprised me by agreeing to come along...  Of course we had to make a tour of the 27 de Febrero Mercado where she spotted a $15 blouse she just had to have....
I did want to publish this Blog today but was mad at myself for not having any photos.  So I took a couple of shots out the window but accidentally scared away Andrea The Giant hummingbird.  So, since some people have complained that they haven't seen Tom Thumb in a while, I decided to try to catch some of Tom and/or Andrea before losing all the light.  Well I never saw Andrea again and Tom took a few passes before stopping.  I apologize for the quality of the shots.   It really was too late in the evening to be trying this....
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Late afternoon view from my window

Zoomed to the max to the mountaintop

Tom Thumb #1

Tom Thumb #2

Tom Thumb #3

Tom Thumb #4

Tom Thumb #5