Saturday, September 16, 2017

Friday September 15, 2017 Sad/Symphony



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday September 15, 2017
My computer asked me to update for Windows Creator, or some such thing, and I reluctantly did it.  The darn upgrade took almost an hour to work but, when it did, I was really pleasantly surprised that my Windows Office 2016 began to work again!  YooHoo!
The morning started off really sad with a phone call from Johnny Sikorski, first cousin to my first wife Patsy.  His wife Barb had been in hospital for a long time with problems (flesh-eating disease?) where they were cutting off her feet, then her legs, in an ongoing, sickening saga.  Johnny informed me that his wife had passed away last night, mercifully for her.  Johnny, Barb and I have always kept in touch as I call them on their birthdays and anniversary always.  I recommended to Johnny that he find a Grief support group as soon as possible.  Such a group really helped me after I lost Patsy, just knowing that I was not alone with the weird, thoughts, feelings and breakdowns.  RIP Barb.

Right on the heels of this I get an email that my sister-in-law, Kaye Bourassa, had also passed away last night.  Kaye was married to our half-brother Lucien (he liked to be called Johnny) from Dad's first marriage.  In 2 days Kaye would have turned 89.  Lucien was killed by electrocution when working in Ontario in 1958 and Kaye had never remarried in the intervening 59 years, working in Edmonton, then retiring to Victoria.  RIP Kaye.

After a dentist visit for Cristina in the afternoon, we were invited to go to the Cuenca Symphony at the Pumapungo theater by Alex and Cecilia.  Alex is Italian and the guest soloist pianist this evening was a fellow Italian named Andrea Baccetti.  The orchestra was being conducted by a German maestro with wild hair named Michael Meissner.  To watch a virtuoso such as Andrea play Beethoven's Concerto for Piano #2 was such a treat because this genius did not even need sheet music to follow...  Incredible!
It was also kinda neat that there seemed to be fellow Canadians in every second row...  Thank you to Alex and Cecilia for taking us.
I also took 3 videos which I have combined on YouTube so you can see some of the artistry this evening.   https://youtu.be/-nFrYxETO90

Following the concert Cristina wanted to go to the metalworkers street near El Vergel to eat good humitas, etc.  I ordered meaty empanadas and they were really delicious.  We sat on the second floor of this place after climbing a steep, offset, staircase.  I took a photo of it because I had never before seen this genius design to make the most use of a tiny space to fit a steep staircase with safe, sizeable treads for climbing...  Brilliant!
I hope you enjoy the photos and video taken with the new Lumix.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Waiting for all the musicians


Maestro Meissner leading the orchestra

Pianist Andrea Bacchetti waiting to perform

Note that he has no sheet music in front of him!

He debuted in Milan at age 11 in 1977

Amazing talent in a free concert!  We are so lucky....

Alex, Cecilia, Cristina and the gimp

Look at this brilliant design for steep stairs..!!