Friday, June 24, 2016

Thursday June 23, 2016 Herederos



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right. 
NOTE: It is obvious that many (all?) of you are not receiving the subscription emails and it is obviously a universal Google problem that they have not solved yet.  Therefore I really appreciate all the folks that manage to view my Blog every day.  I find it both gratifying and humbling.
****
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****

Thursday June 23, 2016
We still have Sparky up for adoption.   Anyone???   He is such a lovable pup.
 
Sparky will make a great companion for someone...
Where on earth has June disappeared?   I have so many balls in the air right now that the time is just flying by.  This end-of-life planning and documentation is a headache.
The weather cleared enough in the evening so I went to join the Herederos at the Broken Bridge.   The Rio Tomebamba is very high so they warn people to stay away from the banks which may be eroded underneath.  As I was setting up, a rodent scurried up from the riverbank and looked at me from about 3 feet away, just a little unsettling. 
The group had a meeting in the absence of the President who, I gather, is getting too busy to handle the group, so they had a unanimous vote to make some changes.  Most of it went over my head.
As a result we didn't get going until well after 9pm and we went up to Banos for a bite.  Then I usually fly home along the Autopista so I get home at a reasonable hour.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

The Tomebamba is just rushing by

These first shots are about 5-second exposures

This one was without timing, and hand-held.

The gorgeous night view of Todos Santos

That white is so impressive

Gathering at the Puente Roto

We ended up with 8 bikes, 10 people

Lighting trees at the Nuna Cafe

Stack of helmets

Arriving at the Banos church

Lots of choices of street food

Cooking up skewers of meat

Note the 3 crosses in the background

Steps in one of the steeples

Futbol and Bailoterapia (dance therapy) near the church

Tasty food for about $1.50

The line-up

Happy to be riding