Friday, June 3, 2016

Thursday June 2, 2016 Jungle Boogie Day 4



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row as Best Photographer in Cuenca!
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.  I have notified Google about the glitches with this.  Please keep re-subscribing until we solve the problem.
****
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****

Thursday June 2, 2016
Happy 76th to my big brother Laurent.
As mentioned in the previous Blog, I skipped the morning activities at a cocoa plantation and was not planning a Blog for today but who could resist taking shots in the magnificent Andes on the return trip??!!
I apologize for the unusual poor quality, but... saddled with dirty bus windows, some direct sun, reflections, a moving bus, loads of electrical wires, and a shaky photographer, .. these are the best of the bunch.  I still wanted to give you an idea of the gorgeous majesty of these green mountains and the Paute Dam.  The turkey buzzards were still following us, and I tried to capture some, but none turned out with all the motion involved.
I also want to remind myself that I have to try to go back on this road again on Toxic and get better shots...  Because of the dearth of gas stations, we might have to consider bringing a jerry can..
On our last pee-pee stop we had to walk up to a washroom next to a church playground only to discover that someone had removed a faucet and water was gushing straight out.  So everyone standing in water almost ankle deep.  And there was a great group of children on the roof who seemed so interested in our group who were interscting with them.  Then they all gathered on the bank and gave us a big send off.  Gotta love Ecuador kids.
All in all, it was a fun trip to Sucua and THANK YOU to Brian, Jimmy and the driver for all their patience and assistance.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



Last night, having a Mexican dinner.  Good nachos at last!!

Driving in the fog and clouds, high up in the Andes

Winds and cloud making the view constantly change

Sun lighting up the clouds

Clouds continuously roll up from the valleys and over the tops

This makes a person glad to be alive

I don't know how high we are, but we are way up there

I feel like Sir Edmund Hillary


The roads and electrical wires are almost to the summits

Contrasts in colours

Constant clouds moving in and out

I have to go back on this road..

Drinking in this beauty is intoxicating

Several areas of road repairs, mudslides, etc.

AAAAHHHHHH

Swirling light and clouds

Not sure what this is, mining, quarry, ??

Makes me think of Mount Sinai

Scores of waterfalls all along this route

Speak to me, oh Man Of The Mountain...

Pretty sure that this is the Paute Dam and Hydroelectric plant

It has been providing power to the country for years

This looked like a dredger.  Not sure what the boom is for.

Enjoying the constant views

Standing in water, to make water, lol.

A big send-off from the local kids.