Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wednesday February 3, 2016 Mom

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday February 3, 2016
The owl down the street seemed to be AWOL for a couple of days but he was back today, firmly ensconced high in the branches of the big fir tree.   It is really difficult to get a decent shot of him because I am shooting with my tiny camera from almost directly below through the tangle of branches.
The weather has been amazing while I am here and I have not had to scrape any frost, snow, or ice from the windows of the Bug.
I did a little excursion to Costco to take advantage of my brother's membership and to stock up on some needed items like pants, vitamins, Hy's Seasoning Salt, steak spice, etc....   I tried to find some spices that Joseph wanted for Joe's Secret Garden but unfortunately they were not in stock.
We all went to see Mom at various times this afternoon and she was a little more anxious and agitated today, always playing with her nightie and the bedding.  We got her in a comfortable position for sleeping and let her rest for a while after she had been really good at eating a good portion of her lunch.
There was very little that I could understand when she spoke so I find that quite frustrating that I can't properly respond to her wishes.  Trying to figure out what language she is using, French or English, is hard at first, and by then I have missed what she is saying in that very soft voice.  And because she can't wear her teeth anymore because of her shrunken gums, it only adds to the mumbling.
Mom has always, always had her hair coiffed, so it is a shock to see her with straight hair simply combed back.  Add to this the loss of the teeth and I was hard-pressed to even recognize her the first time.  But she is still our loving Mom, who still worries about her children.
We heard from 2 more of our brothers who are coming shortly to see Mom, one tomorrow (so I will get to see him) and the other next week.
Mom seems a little more determined to hang on for a while but I still don't regret my decision to come now to see her.  At this age, she could be gone at any time.
I hope you enjoy the photos despite the poor quality.  
That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

The big owl is dead center in this photo, seemingly fast asleep.

Yvette feeding Mom her lunch