Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tuesday February 23, 2016 Problems

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row!

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday February 23, 2016
Per the above note, THANK YOU to GringoPost and all its readers for choosing me as Best Photographer for 3 years in a row.  I am truly humbled by this honour.

A word of explanation for the absence of any new photography for a few days....  I have been furiously working on my stockpile of photos and choosing those worthy of being uploaded for sale, then processing those further and saving them to my external hard drive.  So I have not seen a whole lot of sunshine for a few days.
Sunday night we were concerned over the laboured breathing of our small dog, Lupe, so we carried her up the hill to AustroVet, open 24 hours, to get her relief.  We were amazed at the doctor and trainees on hand who gave Lupe an examination, shave, ultrasound, x-ray, and finally medication to relief abdominal congestion and resulting anxiety.   Total cost was $34, and Lupe definitely was a lot better by Monday morning.
Monday we met with a man who needed a place to stay for a week, but unfortunately our single bed was out of the question for this very tall fellow.  It is good that he has other options.
Tuesday I again got busy on the computer and was attempting to repair a photo for uploading, spending about 1/2 hour working on it, only to have the PC freeze on me for the umpteenth time....  UGH!  
Because of problems uploading to my sales sites I have upgraded to Windows 7 and I have been plagued by this continual total freeze-up at the most inopportune times.   Most experts suggested to just upgrade to Windows 10 and my problems would disappear...    We tried that many, many times without success.  Another friend suggested switching to an SSD drive to speed up the computer so I ordered it, picked it up when I was in Canada, installed it here along with a fresh version of Windows 7.  
But the freezing has continued, so today I decided to try the Windows 10 upgrade again.   You can imagine my shock when the installation was finally successful!
So I am figuring that I am good to go, right?????      WRONG!!!!!
This SOB now freezes right at the opening homepage so I can't do a damned thing, or even search the logs for the cause of the crash....  
Now an expert tells me that the problem is 100% hardware related, then in the next breath says it may be a Driver problem....
I am so sick of this go-around that I have been fighting for almost 6 months.   Do I throw more good money after bad???  How do you spell FRUSTRATION??
So I am back to using my laptop hooked up to my monitor.
That was the days' excitement,   Cheers, Al