Monday, February 15, 2016

Sunday February 14, 2016 Valentine's

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Sunday February 14, 2016
Belated Happy Valentine's Day to everyone and especially my lovely wife Cristina.....
We went out on Toxic, hoping that the fair at Otorongo that I spotted Saturday evening was still happening, but it was bare.  There was also nothing happening at Parque Paraiso, Parque de la Madre, Parque Calderon, or Santo Domingo square...  So we wandered a bit in El Centro and bought a small loaf of that awesome banana bread at Tutto Freddo on the northwest corner of Bolivar and Benigno Malo.
At Parque Paraiso I broke down and bought a toque with dreadlocks at the urging of Cristina and truly enjoyed the look of having a lot of hair again, lol.
I was also pleasantly surprised this morning to find out that I have scored the hat trick, voted 3 years running as "Best Photographer" by GringoPost readers!
What makes this all the more sweet is that I have never ever solicited a vote from a single person.  I know that there are many more purist photographers than me in Cuenca, but I am just more well known because of my weekly work at Joe's Secret Garden.  THANK YOU to all the kind folks who voted.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al

Love this angle on Immaculate Conception cathedral

Statue on Santo Domingo is impressive

Santo Domingo in the sunshine

Feeding, and playing with, the pigeons at Santo Domingo

Having a "hat hair" day

This meshes well with Cristina's hairstyle!