Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tuesday February 2, 2016 Okotoks

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday February 2, 2016
Cristina put in an order from Ecuador via Facebook that she wanted me to get her a specific style of racerback tank top.  With the very kind help of my sister Yvette I only had to go to 2 stores to get the right sized garment.  Then I went to Chinook Shopping Center and purchased two other plain versions.
Then it was a quick visit to Mom who seems much more chipper of late and she has actually been eating quite well.  I left her in the capable hands of Yvette and Lou when I rushed to do some visiting and keeping appointments in Okotoks.
Later we heard from our sister-in-law Eileen that Mom said that she is not ready to go yet, so who knows,... she just may celebrate her 100th birthday in less than 4 months!!
Traveling south of Calgary is always a treat with the farm country backed by the glorious Rockies bathed in snow.  Gosh I miss this area.
My first stop in Okotoks was to visit my delightful old neighbour, Janet.  When I had called her I had been unaware that her husband Ted had passed away last August peacefully at age 90.   Apparently my old house next door has been re-sold to a single lady who is making some changes, like a new front door with glass.
Then I caught Theresa at Okotoks Glass followed by many of my co-workers at McFarlane Agencies.  It is always so nice to see so many familiar faces.
My banker was ready to see me early so I bit the bullet and converted almost all the money in my account.  It isn't much but that almost 50% bite to convert to US dollars really hurts.   I took out enough, I hope, for a quick shopping trip at Costco tomorrow.
Leaving the parking lot, I was waiting to turn out onto the street and was putting on my seatbelt when this Peace Officer rolls by, makes a u-turn, waits for me to turn, then follows me and gives a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt!  Apparently a parking lot is considered a highway, and only Officer L. Hornby (and she is no Twiggy) would be dumb enough to believe that.   So, essentially I got a $155 ticket for not wearing a seatbelt while stationary in a parking lot.   It will be a frosty day in hell before I will pay that ticket Miss Twiggy.
Next I made a few changes with my financial advisor before heading over to Original Joe's for wing night.  I started this group back in 2005 and people come and go, but everybody stops in on Tuesdays when they are in town.  $4 for a pound of wings and I am a happy camper, opting for 3 orders tonight.  I had called a few folks and they came out to join us, so we had quite a group of 16 people attending.  Thank you to everyone who came out.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

The snowy Rockies

I miss this winter beauty

I really hated to sell my dream home 2 years ago

Now it has a nice new front door

Not too many changes in the back yard, and no deer today

Neighbour Janet is always a delight

This is the daily view that I gave up

Yvette and Lou joined us at wing night

More of the group that came

We took up a lot of space

And Leonie came out too

My ticket from Officer Twiggy