Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Tuesday November 3, 2015 Independence Day

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday November 3, 2015
First I am going to show off some of my initial results from a new program I bought online through the folks at Portrait Pro.  Now I am a raw beginner with this program and I do a lot of trial and error rather than go through tutorials so I am thrilled with my first efforts.  For under $30, this program is a steal...  Check out the free trial at http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/    There are literally thousands of effects available and I have just scratched the surface.
Today is Independence Day in Cuenca, usually a day of wild celebration and a lot of fun, so the layout of events on the fiesta website was pretty disappointing.  We didn't bother to go to the military parade on Huayna Capac, opting instead to go in the afternoon and catch 5 events at Parque Paraiso.
First, at 1pm, there was supposed to be a Santa Claus run,.... and that didn't happen....
Then at 2pm there was to be giant marionettes,... and that didn't happen....
Some time after 3pm there was to be the arrival at the finish line of "wooden cars" which turned out to be wooden go-carts of the push variety.  They showed up close to 4pm and there was not much imagination used in the first few arrivals that I saw.  Winners don't have to be fancy...
At 4pm was supposed to be the donkey races and they did start around 4:35 but none of the riders were in costume like last year, and there were fewer donkeys and riders.
At 5pm a fun "futbol" game, using a vastly oversized ball was to happen between costumed teams, mostly guys dressed as women.  We didn't stay for this but did see some of the participants.   Four hours of wandering in the sun with an aching back was enough.

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

This is the original shot that I played with.

This background was unusual, alternating colour and BW

Loved this choice of background effect

Then I used one of my own saved backgrounds

Then we added more effects to that one.  LOVE this!

This one wasn't intended, but I liked it

I thought this one was really classy

Loved the unusual nature of this one

This one was also very classy

This one was grungy and different

This was a day for kids at Parque Paraiso

Lots of bounce slides, etc for the kids

We were surprised that there were so few people here

This painter is a magician with spray paint

His finished products are amazing

Lots of folks watching a comedy act

Poor girl had to hold the umbrella against the gusty wind

A flight leaving for Guayaquil?

One of the decorations on the stage

The face painter was busy

Kids were chasing bubbles all afternoon

Cute teacup chihuahua

Killing time watching the ducks

And the ducks were watching us

Dressed for the sunny day

Ass over tea kettle

Little girl amazed by the colourful plant life

A lovely day in the park

Hand-cutting French fries

The donkey race(s) get underway

This year they are obviously allowing them to be dragged...

No costumes this year...  Where are the ugly nuns?

A look to the west before dusk

Still a lot of traffic at the park