Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thursday November 19, 2015 TomThumb

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday November 19, 2015
We are sorry to hear about the passing of George Evans, former owner of the California Kitchen.  George was always pleasant and congenial, and he will be missed,  Condolences to Carol and the Evans family.
Tuesday was our Oldies But Goodies dance and, as usual, we had the late rush of registrations to expect 82 people.  Again, disappointingly, we had several no-shows but that was easily offset by the many surprise walk-ins who showed up.  Counting us, we ended up with 86 people who were again in a party mood.  I think that we have found the right formula with our excellent DJ and it bodes well for the future.  We have yesterday booked Villa San Carlos and the DJ Pablo for Tuesday December 15th.  Everyone that I talked to wanted a dance every month, even December, so we will squeeze in between the Hearts Of Gold Gala on Dec 4 and Christmas.  I really wanted Wednesday the 16th but the venue had another suitor already for that date and couldn't commit...
Last night we had a Canadian contingent over for a late supper, Ed & Lynne, along with their visitors from New Brunswick, Dick and Pauline.  Dick had been a visitor here twice previously but this was a first for Pauline who is really enjoying our lovely city.  I made my version of sweet & sour ribs over rice along with my healthy salad, and Cristina supplied a delicious pineapple flan.  Everybody had seconds so I guess we have a winning recipe.
Today Cristina is doing housecleaning for a new client so I took her over so they could get better acquainted and get the instructions straight.  If anyone needs a weekly 1/2  day of cleaning, let us know.  Tuesday and Wednesday mornings are open at the moment.
I returned home and set up the tripod to try to catch some shots of Tom Thumb and Andrea The Giant.  Andrea was too skittish today and my settings were not very good for Tom either.  So, for my two hours of waiting, I basically got 3 poor shots that I have just used for practice with a couple of PhotoShop effects.  Maybe you will like them?

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Watercolour style

Rough Pastels style

Coloured Pencil style