Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday, November 13, 2015 Migrante

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday, November 13, 2015
Even though I am only mildly superstitious, I try not to do too much on a Friday the 13th.
I took Toxic downtown for an informative and frank meeting with Dave Johnson of Cuenca Expats Magazine.  Dave has been to our Oldies But Goodies dance and is actively helping us promote the dances, for which we are eternally grateful.
The next OBG dance is Tuesday Nov 17 and the registrations are slowly coming in, as usual.  We have a really solid hardcore group of dancers who love our new format, so we hope that we can build on the great success of the last dance where the patrons actually surprised us with a standing ovation.   With a little word-of-mouth, and some advertising, we should be good to go.
THANK YOU to the following places who help advertise our dances (next one is Tuesday Nov 17th):
Dave Johnson at Cuenca Expats Magazine  http://www.cuencaexpatmag.com/
Cuenca HighLife   http://www.cuencahighlife.com/

You folks ROCK!
Behind us at La Merced there were a group of students working on a large board entitled "Yo Migrante", loosely translated as "I migrant"...??  They asked us to put pins to show where we are from, and also a pin to where we would like to go.  I have put little arrows in the one pic to show my pin around Calgary, Alberta, and I placed my other pin at Paris, France (where I would live, if I had the money).  Hopefully they put a string between the two like they did for everyone else.  They wanted me to write something on a coloured paper hand relating to immigration but I politely declined  I had no idea what to write as my mind was elsewhere....

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al