Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Tuesday November 10, 2015 Cemetery

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday November 10, 2015
Saturday I fought with persistent computer problems and finally gave up.  We decided to visit our pal Oswaldo who is recuperating from his car accident.   He is on the mend and will be back at work on Monday.
Sunday we had a lazy day and did a late afternoon ride to Mall De Rio.  I keep looking for a reasonable short helmet like my red one and for another pair of night glasses.  We did find some excellent night vision glasses but don't have the $200+ to pay for them.
Monday I was to meet with a business associate but he had problems with his printing so the appointment has been shifted to Thursday.  I think we watched 3 movies to while away the blustery day.
Today I battled with the computer again and finally thought I had the problems licked, but alas, the computer still freezes on me and I have tried so many cures...
Around 2:30 we decided to just get on Toxic and enjoy the sunshine.  We just aimed East and decided from there.  We went out on the Autopista to the Paute turnoff but turned right towards another upper forest area that has stunning views.  I had been on this steep road at least 3 times before but decided not to go too far because I didn't want to use up my brakes on the descent.
Coming back, we continued to the old highway that joins onto Gonzalez Suarez and were a couple of blocks from home when we decided to just keep going West.   Cristina had previously indicated an interest to see the Cementario so we headed there.  I am still fond of many of the statues in this cemetery so it is always a pleasure to visit.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Oswaldo is recuperating well

We have a pair of these birds hanging around

Tom Thumb still rules the roost

He can swivel his head like Linda Blair

What a glorious day to be in the sunshine, on Toxic

Stunning views from up high

The Andes are so different than the Rockies

These shots are mostly looking North

Forlorn statue

Close-up of the sad face

This one draws me like a magnet

Some adorn mausoleum walls

Praying for the dead

Only a right-handed Jesus

Unusual work

Some are exceptional

No happy faces

Mausoleum statue

Happy faces on this one

This is another magnet, unusual pose

The crying or exhausted angel

This old hearse in under a tent for protection

There are 2 of these etched glass walkways

Very much like Rodin's work

Getting a handful of religion

Cute work on a tombstone

Another different cross

This is only a tiny portion of the cemetery

This headstone caught my eye