Saturday, November 7, 2015

Saturday November 7, 2015 Lighting

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Saturday November 7, 2015
Yesterday I was determined to display a 68cm x 98cm map that I have had rolled up in a tube for months.  I had to go to 4 different places until I found a Supermercado across from the Banco Del Pacifico near the stadium.  They had stringers for the top and bottom, but only in 50 cm length, so I bought 2 sets, used some drinking straws inside to help hold the joints, and hot-glued it all together on the back.  It actually looks pretty good...
Then today, I had another project to finish, putting additional lights on Toxic.  My biker gang had recommended a mechanic named Diego and we messaged back and forth in Spanish more than 3 times and I got frustrated that he couldn't, or wouldn't tell me where to bring it,... all he said was that he would look at it Saturday afternoon, but where???  
I happened to see my favourite electrician near my old rental place when I was looking for the map stringers yesterday and we made an appointment for 8am.  I was there at 7:55 this morning and he showed up closer to 8:35, but I forgive him because he is honest and definitely knows electricals.
We weren't pleased that the LED's that I bought turned out to be blue...  But they should be fine at night, if not kinky...  He rigged them up with their own switch, and in line with the existing lighting, either park lights, low, or high beams... Perfect!   I can't wait to check them out tonight....
I then zipped over to a bicycle shop just down the road from Villa San Carlos to again check out some "lazy" grips.  I was ready to purchase some fancy ones but we couldn't get them to fit, so I went with something unusual, much cheaper, that will hopefully reduce some of the wrist strain on the throttle on longer rides.
I then dug out a couple of spray bombs and tried to cover some of the scratches from my silly falls.  I now have a newer Toxic...
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

The map will be very handy

These lights turned out to be blue..

Antonio Morales, my electrical wizard

Lots of wires to get to the right places

Finished product, lights off

Finished product, lights on

Spruced up and ready to go...