Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tuesday September 15, 2015 Cuenca/Food Bank

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday September 15, 2015
So many beautiful sunny days in a row....  Thank you..  Please continue....  Amen....
Sunday I went out to Calluabamba to visit with long-time friends Cris & Bettye who are sadly leaving Cuenca soon.  They will be missed.
On the way out I actually saw a polo match going on and on the way back there were motocross races happening as well.  If we don't get out, we never learn about these things.
Monday I decided that it was time to get professional advice about my wonky left knee (miniscus), achy hands (arthritis), and sore right shoulder (bruised) from my accidents.  I asked fellow Canadian, and chiropractor, Dr. Rob Annis who he would recommend and he recommended himself... so I went in for an initial consultation and treatment.  Sometimes the initial treatments can seem to create more pain but certain skeletal adjustments are necessary.  I go back on Wednesday for a follow-up treatment.
Today I decided to meet with the new DJ for our dances so we met at La Parrillada.  He was happy to download all the music that I had on my 2 memory sticks and he says he is all ready now for the Oct 7 revival dance.
Before I left I was pulled aside by one of the many managers at La Parrillada, one I had never spoken to before, and wish I never had...  This character decided that bringing in probably 20 diners and 60 drinkers was not enough of a good deal for them so he started to ask for an extra cover charge.  I not-so-politely told him that I already had a verbal contract that I expected them to honour and, if he persisted (which he did), where he could stick his idea.  I will never darken their door again...
So, I made a necessary call and unfortunately could only secure a later afternoon appointment, so I decided to kill some time by riding up to Turi to find the new Hearts Of Gold Food Bank location.  I could not see anything in evidence so I took a few of my standard Turi shots and even managed to catch a TAME jet coming in over the Cathedral.
After a little more wandering I was shocked to see the familiar face of the Dad of Johanna at Hearts Of Gold.  He was there supervising some of the work for the new Food Bank so he kindly showed me around.  He sure is a nice man.
Hearts Of Gold is partnering with groups and the Prefectura of Azuay to get this ambitious Food Bank operation started up.  There were a lot of Prefectura employees there painting and repairing this huge building.  I am sure that it will be very impressive when it is finished.
Then I slid back down the hill to meet with Sandra at Villa San Carlos and explained honestly my troubles of earlier this day.  We have held 3 successful dances previously at VSC so it is a known quantity to us and, other than the food factor, the venue is perfect for us on so many levels.  So we struck a deal and this is where the next, and probably future dances, will be held.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Expansive view of Cuenca from the Mirador de Turi

Zoomed in a little towards El Centro

This is from a higher vantage point

Catching a TAME plane coming in over the city

Now the TAME jet is above Immaculate Conception cathedral

Higher yet, near Mary

Watching over Turi and Cuenca

I love this view

Johanna's Dad showing me the different rooms

Apparently this is the main Food Bank area

Lots of repairs and painting going on

The exterior is spruced up too

Lots of areas of concrete & parging repair

The building is east of the Mirador viewpoint

The gorgeous Turi church

And its lovely interior